Friday, October 19, 2012

San Francisco

I have been busy this summer.  Between training walks, painting, and participating in 3 Susan G. Komen 3-Day 60 mile walks, I have not had time to blog.  So, I thought today I'd take a moment to talk a bit about this painting.  I based this from a photograph I took in San Francisco.  It has been modified quite a bit.  There were buildings, cars and people on the beaches and hills.  I wanted a more serene, isolated place and this is what resulted.  I really love this painting.  It makes me happy and peaceful when I look at it.  Currently its hanging over my mantle.  Almost all my paintings hang there at some point.  Its my "Hmmm, I'm not sure if its done yet, lets hang it and think about it for a few days" spot.  This did not get hung there for that reason.  I  knew when I had finished it.  I just like seeing it everyday so it will hang there until it is sold, or moves to a gallery.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a beautiful, peaceful day.
XO Brandy

No comments:

Post a Comment